Getting ready for Spring…

I started my chili pepper plants a little early this year.  They seem to be doing alright, but have been bending and reaching to try to get more sunlight.  I decided to try out a new led #growlight strip to try to boost their ability to photosynthesize.

           So far it seems like a great product; inexpensive and easy to install and use.  I made a small L-shaped frame for the lighting using an 8 ft. furring strip and a couple small screws. It is wedged into the window so that I can avoid putting holes in the window frame. This also allows me to move it upward easily as the plants grow.

 

The only criticism I have with the product is that the adhesive backing wasn’t sticky enough to hold permanently (at least to unfinished wood) but I used u-shape wire clips to hold it up so it was only a minor nuisance. All in all, I am very pleased with this led light strip.  Time will tell how effective it is. Hopefully, this provides enough additional light to keep the plants going until it’s warm enough to bring them outside.  I will be sure to do a few updates on the progress of the plants.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s